- Mon 05.09 - Sat 10.09.2011
- 10:44 to 10:44
- Our Events
CHOOSE LIFE CAMPAIGN -- Suicide Prevention in Multicultural Societies. For rep: click Report
Makro Foundation (MaFo) has observed Suicide Prevention Week from 5th September 2011- 10th September 2011 a weeklong awareness drive to mark the worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicide and commemorate World Suicide Prevention Day 10th September 2011.
The objective was to raise Awareness in Multicultural Society and Encourage People to Adopt Help Seeking behavior and Prevent Death through Suicide.
The event was organized in two phases:
1) Online Campaign through Social Networking Sites to promote Suicide is preventable.
2) Outdoor Events to raise awareness about Depression, Suicide and its Prevention.
Outcome: The series of events is organized is to raise awareness through Collaboration and partnerships between communities, practitioners, research and industry about suicide being a major preventable cause of premature death.
- 800 school and college students oriented.
- 250 people participated in Suicide Prevention Candle Light March on 8th Sep 2011.
- 3000 flyers distributed, 40 posters stuck between 5th- 10th September 2011.